The Hydrometallurgy Section provides support for graduate students in the field of Hydrometallurgy wishing to attend the above mentioned conference.
The funding is calculated according to the following formula:
- $500 for each student presenting a poster
- $1000 for each student presenting a paper, or a paper and a poster
- $200 discount on the fee to attend a short course on Hydrometallurgy
If the requests exceed the total funds budgeted, the determination of eligibility will be decided by the fund administrator.
In the case of a poster or a paper, the application should include:
- A summary of the student’s research project
- A letter of support from his/her thesis supervisor
In the case of attending a short course, the discount is applied as part of the registration process.
To be eligible, students should be registered in a Canadian university at the time of the conference, in a Masters or PhD program related to the field of Hydrometallurgy. Students from the conference host city do not qualify for travel support.
By accepting conference support, the recipients also agree to have their names published on this web site, as recipients of this travel support.
To submit your application send attachments and email to Niels Verbaan.