Call for abstracts
EXTENDED! The Organizing Committee is inviting authors to submit a 300-word abstract (maximum)
Conference topics include:
- Uranium, thorium and other nuclear fuels: processing, refining and conversion
- CO2 emissions, environmental protection & regulatory issues
- Business and economic aspects of uranium extraction & utilization
- Uranium geology (exploration techniques, geochemistry, ore deposits & mineralogy)
- Uranium production (uranium mining technologies and methodologies, heap & stope leaching)
- Uranium mining & milling waste management (decommissioning, remediation & long-term monitoring, tailings & waste rock management)
- Practices for respectful conversations about nuclear technology
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via our online system following the easy, step-by-step instructions.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- Presentation types include oral and poster, with poster only accepted for students.
- All oral authors MUST submit a Full (approx. 10 pages) or Short (4-5 pages) Paper for review.
- Remember to check spelling and grammar carefully. Your electronically submitted abstract text will be reproduced as submitted.
- An author/presenter may submit no more than 3 abstracts.
- All authors must comply with the deadline dates listed on this website (paper due, registration payment, etc.)
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute acceptance for presentation nor registration for the conference. Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the author will produce a paper (oral presenters only, mandatory) and if the oral or poster abstract is accepted after review, the presenting author will attend the meeting. No financial assistance is available: the expectation is that financial resources to attend are available to the presenter.
- Registration fees vary between approximately $900 and $1200 per person for regular attendee/presenter. Student presenters are offered a discount.
- Authors are invited to revisit this page for related guidelines, tools and resources to facilitate the abstract and paper review process. Please note: Authors must register and pay their fees before February 15, 2020, to have their paper(s) included in the Conference Proceedings and to be scheduled in the technical program. A full refund will be provided to authors who have pre-registered but will not attend because their paper(s) is not accepted.
- Publication Copyright of conference papers will be held by the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum. Authors will be free to submit their work after the conference to a publication of their choice. If authors resubmit their paper to another publication, they must indicate that the paper was first published in the Proceedings of Uranium 2020, published by CIM. The author assumes full responsibility for obtaining permission to publish any copyrighted or otherwise protected data and images. NOTE: The Conference Proceedings will not be indexed (e.g., Web of Science, Scopus).
Authors will be notified of abstract decisions by email during the month of October, 2019, and will receive all technical information and presentation instructions prior to the conference.